Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Police chief for Tucson

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/283910.php

Once again, we continue to look for a chief of police for Tucson. How long now has this position sat open? I mean, really? And now the best part, we have turned down applicants - internal applicants - because they do not live within the city limits. You know what? I don't live in the city limits, and why? 'Cause I do not feel safe due to a lack of police officers. 300 shy of the mark, and that's not even to hit the best per capita ratio, that's just to hit the minimal per capita ratio. I don't blame them one bit for not wanting to live within the city. Heck every TPD officer that I count among my friends all live in Marana. Why? Because it's a cleaner city, safer for their kids, with better services. Yeah, it doesn't speak well for a city when it's own officers look elsewhere to reside.

 ***Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.***
Peter Schmugge
http://thebigshmoog.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment