Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I-19 road signs, metric system fails.

http://www.gvnews.com/articles/2009/03/06/breaking_news/00mileposts0308.txt

I don't know if you heard this one. $1.5 Million dollars. To change the roadsigns along I-19 from metric distances back to Standard (miles).

Yes, 1.5 million dollars. Stimulus money, to boot. Why, oh why, are we wasting our money on this? How is this going to stimulate our economy? Two guys, one truck, oh, and the stock supplier for the new vinyl stickers for the signs. Yeah, I guess that will make or break the 3.5 million jobs saved or created.

I understand that this is the United States. I understand that we use the foot, inch, and the farenheit scale (as confusing as they are, and mathematically a pain in the butt to convert). Heck, I am even one of those that says if you emigrate to the US, you must learn English and assimilate into our culture. At any other point in time, I would love to change these back to miles. But now is not the time. When we have nothing better to do, yes, let's spend 1.5 million. 

Right now, 1.5 million less in taxes would be nice.


 ***Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.***
Peter Schmugge
http://thebigshmoog.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment