Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Consumer CRI - Autozone on Cortaro / Silverbell

Normally I stick to highlighting the CRI of the local political scene. Today, however, I am venting some frustration with a local business.

That business: Autozone on Cortaro Farms and Silverbell.

You see, about two weeks ago, the fuel pump went out on my wife's Ford F-150. We didn't have the extra money to buy a new pump at the time, so we waited a bit and saved up some cash. Finally, by Friday of last week, I had enough to purchase the pump - after visiting the Autozone site to confirm the cost of the part. 

Now, I am going to qualify this first by saying up til now, I have been quite pleased with the service I have received at this particular auto parts store. 

Back to the tale: Friday I called in, (as I live approx. 20 mi. from the store to begin with) to see if the part was in stock. The gentleman who answered the phone looked up the part, checked the shelf (I am assuming, as he said he was, then I was put on hold for a few minutes), and responded with the statement that the part was not in stock, but they could get it transferred in over the weekend. He took my name and phone number. I figured I would get a call Saturday, as there were pumps at the warehouse, and they get a daily delivery of parts.

No call Saturday.

Well, it's a holiday weekend, give them the benefit of the doubt...

My wife calls in Tuesday to ask if the pump has arrived yet. The person who answers the phone responds with the statement that the 'computers are down, so I have no idea'. Read: I am too lazy to look in the back for a delivery with your name on it.

My wife calls today. "Computers are still down, so sorry, have no idea.' Again, read: I am too lazy to look in the back for a delivery with your name on it.

OK, fine, I text her to call again, and let them know if it is not in today, we will make our purchases elsewhere, as we are sick of waiting to get my wife's truck up and running.

So she calls back to the store. This time, a different person answers; findsout that the pump in question is 'always' in stock, but there is an extra one in the back with my name on it, has been sitting there for the past couple days. No calls from them, mind you... So she tells them that I will be headed that way (out of my way driving, mind you) to go and pick up the part.

Guess what I find on the front door of the store when I arrive there - AFTER CANCELLING AN APPOINTMENT AT A JOB IN ORDER TO HAVE EXTRA TIME AT HOME TO INSTALL THE PART -  (CAPS LOCK FOR RAGE, AT THIS POINT)

Yeah, a sign that says, "Computers and register down. Store closed. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Do you think, maybe, just maybe, that while my wife was on the phone with them TODAY not once, but twice, they could have mentioned that the store is CLOSED because of the computer problem? NO, they did not.

I almost drove my truck through the front doors. 

That's alright, Autozone has now managed to lose a customer for LIFE. I will happily drive past them the extra 4 miles to get to Merle's Automotive, which most of the local shops use for their parts service. 

And now I know why they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment